Total and Next2Sun Join Forces to Boost Agrivoltaism in France
Total Quadran, has concluded an agreement with Next2Sun in order to deploy its innovative bifacial photovoltaic technology in the French market (Alsace excluded).
Thanks to vertically positioned bifacial panels mounting solution, Next2Sun’s technology allows to delivers maximum energy both at dawn and dusk - periods of high consumption where south-oriented conventional photovoltaic is not the most effective.
Start of construction of an innovated Agro-photovoltaic open space plant in Donaueschingen-Aasen, Germany
Since the 23rd of September 2019 an Agro-photovoltaic open space plant with 4,1 MW peak is built in Aasen, a district of Donaueschingen. Responsible for the project is the company Next2Sun GmbH, who has had first successes with an identical Agro-photovoltaic plant with an energy output of 2 MW peak.
Next2Sun concept empowers agricultural farms in Ireland by solar power
Two agro-photovoltaic open space plants with the Next2Sun concept have been constructed and put into operation in Waterford, Ireland. The PV-plants have an energy output of 25 and 27 kW peak and each are expected to produce 30 MWh per annum, covering the electrical power needs for two dairy farms. The company Sunstream Energy Ltd was responsible for both projects and in total 138 bifacial modules were installed. In total the main goals of the projects are: self-consumption, achieve about 35-40% savings on utility bills and a considerable reduction of carbon emissions.
- PV Magazine France (30.03.2020): French-German alliance for vertical PV
- PV Magazine Germany (10.02.2020): Next2Sun Mounting Systems begins crowdfunding
- PV Magazine USA (07.02.2020): Solar racking innovations on the show floor at Intersolar San Diego
- PV Magazine USA (02.07.2019): Solar power ́s great lad use responsibility
- Hannover Messe (16.09.2018): Largest bifacial solar park
- Photon International (01.06.2017): A two-hill island –An innovative concept for solar parks involving vertical installation of bifacial modules
- Solar Quotes (28.12.2018): Bifacial Solar Panels May —Straight Up —Dominate Australian Solar Farms